President Obama is 55 today and as we all celebrate his birthday we are reminded that this will be the last year we celebrate it with him as President of the United States.
The moment is so bitter sweet because we can all agree that he is the coolest President ever and he will be missed dearly.
As I look at all his pictures I cannot help but think what a time to be alive, to experience this man and his family living in a “house built by slaves” as the leader of the free world for 8 years was an absolute privilege that we all should be grateful for.
With that said what better way to celebrate President Barack Obama’s birthday than with a compilation of 27 and a half reasons we love him. Lets go!
1. His love for education
2. His love for our nation
3. He avenged 9-11 by capturing Osama Bin Laden
4. He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.”
5. Because Michelle loves him
6. He allowed this little boy to touch his hair:
7. Because he loves our number one magical black girl
8. He makes our children smile and gives us hope while doing it
9. He made the White House cool
10. The world’s children love him
11. He makes us laugh, like all the time
12. He was sort of a badass when he was a kid
13. He can be quite dramatic
14. That swag
15. Low key the ladies love him but he has eyes for just one
16. He shared his beautiful daughters with us for 8 years of their life
17. He is a baller
18. His clap back game is never weak.
18. When he said Rap is a language of Revolution
19. His playlist is something we could jam to
20. He sang Amazing Grace at Rev. Clementa Pinckney’s funeral
21. His entire Eulogy was amazing
22. He nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice.
23. He cried after the Newtown shooting tragedy
24. When he sang Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together”
25. When he said “Obama Out” and broke the internet:
26. Don’t Boo – Vote
27.5 He is unapologetic about being black
We love you Mr. President.. Happy Birthday