Fresh ginger is a must have for my kitchen for a number of reasons. For one, you never know when you need to make some all natural ginger tea to settle someone’s tummy! Two, it’s a great addition to many of my Caribbean based meals and three, it tastes amazing when added to fresh juices. In this post, however, I wanted to focus on its use as a hair growth aid sharing two great recipes you can try yourself.
Before we get into the recipes though, it is important to understand just why ginger works great on your scalp and how it can help boost hair growth.
5 ways Ginger Root is great for hair growth
1. Fresh Ginger roots contain magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and vitamins that help to make your hair stronger, healthier and shinier.
2. Ginger roots can strengthen the roots of your hair when applied directly to your scalp
3. It helps with dandruff and other scalp ailments that you might want to try to cure naturally!
4. Ginger increases circulation and blood flow to the scalp which can help to speed up the growth process.
5. Ginger is also rich in fatty acids an helps to prevent hair thinning and hair loss.
With that said I found a great video by Shamntas Way that you can use to incorporate ginger into your bi-weekly regimen check it out below:
And of course the queen of DIY herself Babilon Kay has an awesome video you should definitely check out:
If you also love fresh ginger root juice and you are struggling with hair growth, you should give this technique a try and then come back and let me know how it goes for you.