When you first hear the term “oil cleansing”, you might think the idea is completely absurd and counterproductive. After all, how on earth would the very thing that causes nasty breakouts and clogged pores be the one thing that might cleanse your skin the best?
Sure, it sounds crazy, but it actually comes down to a simple scientific principle: oil dissolves oil. This means that putting oil on your skin—even if you have an oily skin type—will actually help minimize how much oil your skin is producing.
Now there are many different oils you could utilize when testing out the oil cleansing method, but in my experience hemp oil is one of the best and most beneficial options available.
The Many Benefits of Hemp Oil:
- Hemp oil is made from cold-pressing hemp seeds. This is especially important because cold pressed oils retain all their nutritional value and have no added preservatives.
- Regulates oil production while also moisturizing dry skin without clogging your pores.
- The anti-inflammatory properties help prevent and soothe skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis.
- Contributes to anti-aging efforts by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
How To Cleanse with Hemp Oil In 5 Simple Steps:
- Instead of doubling down on your cleansing routine, replace your daily cleanser with hemp oil.
- Pour the oil into your hand and gently massage it into your skin with your fingertips for 1-2 minutes.
- Take a clean, damp towel and gently blot excess oil from your face.
- Follow up with a moisturizer and continue your skin regimen as usual.
Leave a Reply