If you’re tired of regular braids hairstyles, then you may want to try out bubble braids for your next hairstyle.
Bubble braids are one of the trendy hairstyles on the block.
They are fun and chic and give off playful vibes.
What’s more, they don’t cost much to create. They also serve as a great protective hairstyle. Can’t wait to learn how to get started? Then continue reading this article.
First, a definition
Bubble braids are a type of ponytail hairstyle tied in little puff sections. This gives them their “bubbles” appearance. You can also call them balloon braids.
They work for all hair types whether straight, kinky, coiled or curly. So, whether you have natural, textured, or relaxed hair, you can do the bubble braids.
Reasons to do bubble braids
If you’re a busy person with not much time to spare, then bubble braids are your go-to. In 30 minutes or less, you can create your bubble braids.
Bubble braids are easy to do. They don’t take up much energy or time.
Another benefit of the bubble braids hairstyle is its versatility. You can create the hairstyle of your choice like ponytails, pigtails, updos, half-up/half-down, boho fishtails, etc. You can also accessorize or use colored extensions. The possibilities are truly endless.
All you may need to do is buy one pack or two of extensions. This depends on two factors: One, if your hair is not long enough. Secondly, the length you’re aiming for is a factor. This is because most of the hair supplies you’ll need are stuff you already have. They include supplies like hair gel, hairbrush, Bobby pins, etc. Another thing is that you don’t have to go to a hairdresser’s to do it. You can just do it at home all by yourself. A real way to save yourself some cash, don’t you agree?
5. Great for all occasions
You can wear this hairstyle anywhere. You can wear them for formal events like work, conference meetings, galas, etc. They are also a great fit for semi-formal events like school reunions, church, dinners, etc. Finally, you can rock them at informal events like birthdays, picnics, game nights, etc.
6. Easy to maintain
You don’t need a complicated or long routine to maintain bubble braids. When you want to shower, cover it with a plastic cap.
This will keep water from messing it up. When you want to sleep, wrap a silk/satin scarf around your jair. This will help hold the style in place.
Bubble braids are not heavy. So, you can wear them for long periods without feeling uncomfortable.
8. More volume
Bubble braids can give your hair the appearance of more volume. So if a voluminous hairstyle is your thing, then bubble braids have got you.
9. Hair growth
Because of their protective styling and low maintenance quality, you can use bubble braids to grow your hair.
10. For all ages
Whether you’re old, young or middle-aged, this hairstyle is suitable for all ages.
Bubble Braids Tutorial
Stacey Adrianne gives a detailed bubble braids tutorial in her YouTube video here:
What are the Hair Supplies You’ll Need?
- Spray bottle to dampen your hair and make it easier to work with.
- Leave-in conditioner/moisturizer to keep your hair moisturized.
- Elastic bands to create and secure the bubbles.
- Hair gel to keep your hair sleek.
- Hair extensions for extra length (optional).
- Hair dryer to dry out the gel.
- Edge control and toothbrush for your edges (optional).
Now let’s get started
- Spray your hair with water and moisturize it with your leave-in conditioner or moisturizer.
- Secondly, scoop some hair gel and apply to your hair. Brush upward until your hair is sleek.
- Thirdly, with an elastic band, tie the sleek hair into a ponytail.
- After this, use your hairdryer to dry the gel. If you don’t have one, leave overnight to dry in a silk scarf.
- Now, after 1 or 2 inches from the elastic band, tie another elastic band to your hair. Repeat this four or more times, depending how long your hair is. This will create little bubbles in your ponytail.
- Finally, lay your edges with your edge control and toothbrush.
Your bubble braids hairstyle is ready.
Another Bubble Braids Tutorial>