Four types of videos always get us hooked to TikTok: thrifting hauls, cute baby videos (go away baby fever), a tale of what it’d be like if Katrina from Vamp walked into Sephora, and users with flawless skin leaning close to the camera ready to let you in on the latest hair or beauty trend.
That was the case when we came across TikTok’s latest craze, the edge lace scarf, via user @naashiee. “Yo, guys, wagwan. You know edges are my thing. Are you having a bad hair day? Because The Janet collection got you. Let’s do dis!” she said as she unpacked the hairpiece and demonstrated how to rock it on your ‘haven’t seen my stylist in a minute’ hair.
As a Black hair tribe that always stays ready for a quick hair hack or some life-changing beauty secret, we knew we had to let you in on the trend – especially considering how dope and effortless it is.
So, if you’ve not been up to making a salon visit or just want to try something new, here’s all you need to know about TikTok’s latest hair obsession, and check out some of the viral tutorials.
What You Need
- The Janet Collection Melt Lafichu Bang Lace Scarf
- A pair of scissors
- Foundation or baby powder (optional)
- A hair mist or sheen spray
- Bobby pins
- Mini flat iron (Conair MiniPro 1/2 Flat Iron, $13)
- Edge control toothbrush
- Blow dryer (optional)
How To Rock It
View this post on Instagram
- First things first – cut off the excess lace
- Apply some powder or foundation on the remaining part of the lace. The foundation tints it so you can get that all-naturel look
- Spritz some mist or sheen spray right along the hairline for a bit of shine and zhuzh (but try not to get it on the scarf itself)
- Hold your hair in a pony, then set the scarf properly on your head. You can try tucking the scarf behind your ears to get those sexy sideburns (if you love having them)
- Tie the scarf to your preference
- Secure the scarf with some bobby pins. Be sure to insert a bobby pin on each side of the scarf (you don’t want your scarf gone with the wind now)
- Style the edges to your preference. @naashiee trimmed the baby hairs to get a perfect size. BTW, if you choose to trim, make sure the edges are always jagged
- Warm up your mini flatiron and customize those edges to your liking, boo! BTW, always curl your edges in the direction you feel is best for your style
- Use your sheen spray to set in your preferred style
- Get your blow dryer warmed up to dry the product
- You’re all good to go and conquer the world like the Queen you are! FYI, the scarf is perfect for daily use or as a statement piece for those special occasions. Plus, it comes in various styles and colors, an ideal addition to any fashionista’s closet.
There you have it, folks! Isn’t it the most effortless way to slay on your bad hair days or what? Let us know what you think and if it’s something you’d be down to try!