There is something to say about having great skin that just makes you feel extra great about yourself. You feel a little better about walking out the door with no makeup on because you know your skin is healthy and clear. Or, you might feel extra bold and flirty in your spaghetti strap dress because the back acne you might have been struggling with has finally cleared up.
Whatever the case may be for you, healthy, glowing skin is the immediate confidence boost we all long for!
For most of us, keeping our skin looking great is something we struggle with and that is unfortunate because it doesn’t have to be a struggle at all. In fact, there are tons of creams, lotions, serums, and butters that can help us achieve it in no time! Looking to have some gorgeous, glowing skin of your own?
Here is a great whipped body recipe to make it happen!
Ingredients + Materials:
1/4 cup of Unrefined Shea Butter
1/4 cup of Avocado Oil
1/4 cup of Tamanu Oil
1/4 cup of Jojoba Oil
Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Fragrance Oil (optional)
Metal or Glass Bowl (medium or large)
Plastic Jar w/ Lid
1. Add the Shea Butter, Jojoba, Avocado, and Tamanu oils to a glass or metal bowl. Please do not use plastic because you will eventually place the bowl over some very hot steam!
2. Then, fill a standard-size pot with water and allow it to heat up, and place your large or medium-sized bowl of ingredients right on top.
3. Whisk the ingredients until you are left with nothing but oil. Be sure to take the bowl off the stove as soon as it’s all mixed together so the excess heat does not diminish the benefits of the oils and Shea Butter.
4. Now, take the bowl of oil, cover it with a lid or plastic wrap, and set it in your refrigerator or freezer until it is almost completely solid. This process will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half!
Finally, take your electric hand-mixer and beat the Shea Butter mixture for 20 minutes or until it is a thick, whip cream-like consistency.
5. Once that is done, you can spoon the whipped body butter into a plastic jar and store it somewhere that is not too hot or too cold!
The glow and moisture that comes from this smooth, whipped body butter are a direct result of each ingredient also having their own set of healing, nurturing, and moisturizing properties!
Shea Butter: Shea Butter is said to help and heal various skin and body issues such as dry, cracked feet, stretch marks, eczema, rough elbows, and psoriasis. It is also one of the few natural moisturizers that are noncomedogenic, meaning it doesn’t clog pores.
Avocado Oil: The vitamins and fatty acids found in avocado oil make it perfect for softening rough areas, protecting your skin from harmful UV rays, and improving the elasticity of aging skin.
Tamanu Oil: For those of you who have never used or heard of Tamanu Oil, it helps to know that it has many of the same benefits as tea tree oil and is often used with it or as a substitute for it. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe skin, treat acne and dermatitis, and even speeds up the healing of minor burns and scars.
Jojoba Oil: Because Jojoba Oil is so similar to the sebum produced by our bodies, it actually stops your skin from producing excess oils—preventing oiliness and all of the problems that come with it. It also assists with minor issues; For example, applying it over lip balm keeps your lips moisturized longer, or using it after a shower helps prevent razor bumps!
Oatmeal Milk and Honey Fragrance Oil: Sometimes homemade skincare products have a distinct “earthy” or clay-like smell that isn’t the greatest. While fragrance oil has no real health or cosmetic benefit, it does make for more enjoyable body butter. Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey is a great fragrance option because it is sweet and pleasant, but still very natural and subtle.