Who wouldn’t want #glassskingoals in 2023? Definitely not us. The trend landed on our radar (also known as IG feeds and TikTok FYPs) a few years back, and now every skincare and makeup brand is scrambling to play catch up.
But Dermalogica, the brand behind some of your celebs’ favorite skincare gems, has been ahead of the game when it comes to this virtually poreless, K-beauty-approved look, thanks to their most sold-out and intensely gatekept (glass skin girlies are a bit too secretive) formula – the Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum.
If you haven’t laid your fingers on this gem yet, here’s a cheat sheet on everything you need to know about the glass skin-enhancing serum.
Everyone from Cindy Crawford, Portia de Rossi, and Oprah swears by Dermalogica skincare products – it’s no wonder this retinol serum has become a skincare enthusiast-favorite.
Dermalogica Dynamic Retinol Serum is designed to boost skin hydration, even skin tone and retexturize for smoother skin. Clinical results showed an improvement in the reduction of pores, dark spots, and uneven texture in just two weeks, per the brand.
And while the product contains a high dose of retinol (3.5% to be exact), many users note that it’s surprisingly non-irritating (probably thanks to beta-glucan) and a perfect retinol option for anyone looking to ease into the retinol game but still see results.
Dermalogica’s Skin Retinol Serum Ingredients
The glass skin-enhancing serum does everything from fading dark spots to smoothing texture and reducing the appearance of fine lines, pores, and wrinkles.
But how does it do this?
It uses the following ingredients:
- Squalane – the super-star ingredient contains antioxidants that help fight free radical damage and reduce visible signs of aging. Regular use can boost collagen production, resulting in brighter, firmer skin.
- Retinoid Complex – this one needs no introduction. Retinol helps minimize the appearance of pores, smooth texture for luminous, glassy skin, even tone, and reverse signs of aging. It’s especially perfect for oily and acne-prone skin types.
- Rosewood Oil – Want in on a skincare secret? You need a hydrating face oil in your routine. Yap. According to the experts, face oils like rosewood oil can help brighten the skin, boost elasticity, and keep your face deeply moisturized, no matter your skin type.
- Ceramides – Ask any skincare expert, and they’ll sing praises of the element. And while it naturally exists in the body, ceramide-infused products help rebuild the skin’s protective barrier to retain moisture and minimize visible signs of aging caused by UV rays and other environmental stressors.
- Beta-Glucan – Looking for a way to kick redness to the curb? Try this ingredient. The popular polysaccharide (derived from fungi, oats, or seaweed) acts as a soothing agent. It is also considered a perfect pick for reducing redness and other signs of sensitive skin.
How To Use It
As mentioned, glass skin features almost entirely poreless, luminous skin. So, to ensure you get that wet look sheen:
Exfoliate your skin first. Buffing the skin allows for a smooth texture, which enables products to sink in.
Apply a niacinamide-infused serum. Using it first can help safeguard your skin from the effects of retinol (especially on sensitive skin types).
Apply a thin layer of the Dermalogica Retinol Serum over your face – and ensure you do so during your nighttime routine only. Retinol makes the skin more sensitive to UV exposure, and sunlight reduces the product’s efficacy.
If you apply it during the day, make sure to slather your face with a daily broad-spectrum sunscreen( SPF 30 or higher).
Top Tip: Discontinue use or check with your dermatologist if any redness or irritation occurs.
Not convinced? Here’s what the experts are saying:
@drchizikeji Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum! Transform your skin within two weeks. @dermalogica #dermalogicapartner #retinol #doctorskincare ♬ smiles & sunsets – ultmt.
@dermalogica Scared of retinol? Not sure what it does? ⬇️? Our Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum combats the 4 signs of aging in a bottle. It works to reverse appearance of wrinkles, retexturize skin, minimize appearance of pores and even skin tone ✨ Shop @sephora ?️ #sephora #dermalogica #retinol #retinolforbeginners #skincycling #treatskin #treatit ♬ I Think I Like When It Rains – WILLIS
@jaredestheticsofficial The days of being scared of retinol are OVER and Dermalogica was going to be the one to do that ?? I’ve been using Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum for about 5 weeks now and I’ve noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin! Little to no irritation, no redness, no flaking, no adjustments! This serum helps with pores, uneven texture & tone, AND fine lines/wrinkles. Ask in the comments or DM me and ask how you can start incorporating this high dose serum into your skincare routine today ? #retinol #professionalskintherapist #blackesthetician #maleesthetician #skincare #facial #dermalogica #dermalogicaexpert #dermalogicapro #HighLo #newyorkcity #handandstone #newjersey ♬ original sound – MrsSallyJ
@russwong.md The Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Retinol Serum is a great option for both new and experienced retinol users. This serum has a lightweight gel-like consistency that is easily absorbed to the skin. #ad #dermalogicapartner #dermalogica @Dermalogica Canada @sephoracanada ♬ Summer Mood (Royalty Free / No Copyright) Background Music – Lesfm
Don’t be scared to incorporate retinol into your routine. With the right formula like this one from Dermalogica, you can enjoy wrinkle-free, drama-free, flawless glass skin!